Murgh Kari (Indian Chicken Curry) #chickencontest.
You can have Murgh Kari (Indian Chicken Curry) #chickencontest using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Murgh Kari (Indian Chicken Curry) #chickencontest
- Prepare 1 pack of chicken breast.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil.
- Prepare 11/2 cup of onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic.
- You need 11/2 tbsp of ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of ground turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of ground garam marsala.
- You need 1 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain yoghurt.
- You need 1 tbsp of cilantro.
- You need 1 of /2 cup water.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
Murgh Kari (Indian Chicken Curry) #chickencontest instructions
- Sprinkle salt on the chicken breast. Add to hot pan with oil, sear until browned. Transfer to plate.
- In the same pan, add oil, onion, garlic and ginger, fry until golden brown.
- Stir in curry powder, cumin, turmeric, coriander, cayenne, add the tablespoon of water and cook one minute stirring.
- Add in tomatoes, yoghurt, cilantro and salt. Cook a few minutes.
- Return the chicken breast to the pan, pour in the 1/2 cup water and bring to boil.
- Sprinkle garam marsala and cilantro over the chicken. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through and the sauce has slightly reduced around 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving. Accompany the curry with rice, naan or chapati.