Chocolate Banana bread. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the banana mixture and mix just until combined.
The bananas make the bread super moist and you can still taste the bananas. This recipe also calls for melted unsalted butter AND oil. Well, if chocolate and banana were to marry, this would be the result—a richly chocolate banana bread, infused with cocoa, speckled with chocolate chips, with warm hints of butter, vanilla, and allspice. You can have Chocolate Banana bread using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Banana bread
- You need 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- Prepare of Wet ingredients:.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of ripened bananas or 3 bananas.
- It’s 1/3 cup of oil (canola or vegetable).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sour cream.
Wondering how to freeze, store and thaw your banana bread? Click here for all the ins and outs on how to keep your banana bread at its best! Chocolate Banana Bread is the perfect combination of chocolate and banana. The balance between the two flavors in my recipe is outstanding!
Chocolate Banana bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 for dark loaf pan. For glass loaf pan to 325..
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl..
- Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl..
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Do not over mix. You want a lumpy, thick texture..
- Use Pam spray for loaf pan and pour mixture into pan. Sprinkle more chocolate chips on top if desired..
- Bake for 60-70 minutes in dark pan. 45-50 mins in glass pan. Cooking times vary by oven type..
- Check for doness with a toothpick. Toothpick should come out clean..
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes then serve and enjoy!🤗🤗🤗.
It took me a few tries to get it quite right, because I either ended up with bread that tasted just like chocolate cake (not that that's bad) OR a barely there chocolate flavor with too much banana. How To Make Chocolate Banana Bread To begin, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This chocolate chip banana bread recipe is made with brown sugar, ripe bananas and loads of big chocolate chips, making it even better than chocolate cake! This post may contain affiliate links.