Banana bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. You can cook Banana bread using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana bread
- It’s 3 of ripe bananas (black or spotty).
- It’s of Pecans (optional).
- You need 8 tbs of butter (1stick, 1/2 cup).
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour. Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. Banana Bread Tips How do I quickly ripen bananas?
Banana bread instructions
- Ripen bananas (if needed, 325F, for 15-20minutes, they will be spotty or black, or if using previously frozen bananas, just thaw and they will ripen).
- Grease/butter loaf pan. (I use bakers goop, recipe in page).
- Cream sugars, butter. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. (In mix bowl).
- In separate bowl mash bananas..
- In a 3rd bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt with a whisk or fork..
- Add banana mixture into butter in the mixer..
- Add dry ingredients, do not over mix..
- Bake on 300F for 25 minutes (mini loaf) —35 minutes (medium loaf) —1 hr 10 minutes (full size loaf).
When baking with bananas, use ones that are ripe (or even overripe) to yield the best flavor. If you have a day or two to spare, place bananas and an apple, avocado, peach or tomato in a brown paper bag and keep on your counter. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe. The yellow peels should be at least half browned, and the bananas inside squishy and browning. For starters, we swap in full-fat sour cream (don't even think about reaching for low-fat) instead of milk, which we find gives the banana bread a subtle tangy flavor and richer texture.