Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake. This is a delicate refreshing cake perfect for warm days of spring and summer. A vanilla sponge cake is filled with fresh homemade strawberry jam and vanilla flavored cream cheese frosting, served with fresh strawberries, such a wonderful dessert to prepare for your family and guests. Remove the plastic wrap, place the cake back on the serving platter.
Strawberries and Cream Swiss Roll – Deliciously moist and fluffy vanilla cake filled with a layer of fresh strawberry sauce, and a layer of homemade whipped cream. Strawberry Roll Cake is filled with fresh Strawberries and whipped cream! This impressive looking cake can be made by the home cook. You can have Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake
- Prepare of 🍰 Cake.
- You need 4 of egg yolks (about 75 g).
- It’s 35 g of granulated white sugar, for yolks.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 40 ml of (2 tbsp+2 tsp) whole milk.
- It’s 40 ml of (2 tbsp+2 tsp) vegetable oil.
- Prepare 72 g of cake flour, sifted.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 of egg whites (about 145 g).
- It’s 56 g of granulated white sugar, for egg whites.
- It’s of 🍓 Filling.
- Prepare 9 of fresh strawberries, stems removed.
- You need 180 ml of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of granulated white sugar, adjust to taste.
Fresh strawberries are the star in this cake! How do you make a Swiss Roll? One of my favorite summer combos is strawberries and cream. In fact, I'm sitting here eating a bowl of strawberries and ice cream (topped with fudge of course) as I write this.
Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake instructions
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper hanging out the sides. I used 9.5"x 14.5" (24cm x 37cm) baking tray..
- Separate egg whites from yolks into different bowls. Wipe the bowl for egg whites with white vinegar to get rid of grease and residue. Egg whites containing broken yolk will also not beat properly..
- Add sugar into the bowl of yolks and mix using a hand whisk. Add in vanilla, milk, and oil. Mix again. Then mix in sifted flour and salt until combined. Set aside..
- Using a mixer, beat egg white until foamy. Once the bubbles become small and tightened, gradually add sugar with the mixer running. Beat until stiff peak..
- At this point, preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C..
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk mixture. Mix with a whisk until combined..
- Pour the yolk mixture into the leftover meringue. Switching to a silicone spatula, quickly but gently fold the mixture to combine. To preserve the airiness of this cake, do not overmix it..
- Pour the batter into prepared tray. Spread it evenly with a scraper. Then tap two times onto the counter to release little air bubbles..
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, wash the strawberries and remove their stems. Wipe dry and set aside in the fridge..
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, remove it from the pan onto a counter or cooling rack. Peel off the paper around the edges. Let it cool to room temperature..
- In a big bowl, beat heavy cream and sugar until stiff peak..
- Cover the cake with a parchment paper, then flip it over. Carefully peel off the bottom paper. Spread a thin layer of whipped cream, then line the strawberries horizontally..
- Spread the leftover whipped cream against the strawberries. Then holding the bottom paper, roll the cake over. Tuck as needed to tighten the rolling..
- Wrap it with the paper and store in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour..
- Unwrap the cake. For a nice clean cut, dip the knife into hot water and wipe it dry. Then trim off the edge and slice the cake. Heat and wipe the knife before every cut..
Lay out a kitchen towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Once the cake is done, invert it onto the towel and lift the towel to roll the cake into a log. The towel will wrap into the cake. Place a piece of parchment paper on a flat surface and sprinkle lightly with cocoa powder. Flip the cake onto the parchment, then remove the parchment or silicone mat that the cake baked on.
Healthy Food Explained in Fewer than 140 Characters | Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake
Always remember that healthy food for kids consists of a variety of food combinations from the four major food groups. As long as you are clever to strike a report bearing in mind all the food groups – dairy, meat protein, fruits, vegetables, and grains – youre all set. Here are some useful tips to get you started.
Food cravings for tasty, calorie laden treats are one of the banes of anyone trying to lose weight. Recent research shows that our cravings are habit-based; we want foods that we have unconsciously trained ourselves to want. If thats the case, we should be dexterous to train ourselves to desire healthy foods and snacks instead.
Making healthy food other doesnt come naturally. We learn it deserted taking into account we judge it is important to us. Here are five personal reasons I have decided to create healthy food choices.
Undoubtedly, alight fat is roughly absorbing healthy food. subsequent to we eat right, eat healthy food, we realize not have to activity virtually blazing fat anymore. energetic out at the gym for hours afire calories will not cut your weight and burn ample of your fat past you reach not announce what you consume. It means that alight fat by and no-one else behave exercise is not enough. Yes, you can burn fat and lose some of your weight by work exercise but if you pull off not preserve what goes in from your mouth, soon you will acquire help the fat you burn. The root misfortune is controlling what goes into your body. And consuming healthy food is the solution.