You can cook Kabsa using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kabsa
- Prepare 1 of Chicken (with skin).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 cups of Basmati rice.
- You need 1 of Onion (finely chopped).
- You need 1 of Tomato (make into puree).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Ginger paste.
- It’s 2 of Green chillies (finely chopped).
- You need 2 inch of cinnamon stick.
- You need 5 of Cloves.
- It’s 3 of Cardamom.
- You need 2 tsp of Pepper corns.
- Prepare 1 of Dry lemon.
- Prepare 3 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garam Marsala powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black pepper Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of Veg Oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Ghee.
- You need 3 cups of Water (for 2 cup rice).
- You need to taste of Salt.
Kabsa step by step
- Make some gashes on chicken & marinate the chicken with salt & turmeric powder. Keep it in fridge for 1-12 hours..
- Soak basmathi rice for half an hour and allow to drain..
- Heat non-stick vessel, add ghee & oil and then the whole spices (cinnanmon, cardamom, cloves, peppercorns & bay leaves) Saute onion, ginger garlic paste & chopped green chillies. Follow this with the tomato puree. Mix well..
- Add chicken pieces into it and cook it for 10 mints by frequent flipping. Pour the boiled water. Add in dry lemon, garam masala powder, pepper powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Keep it covered & cook in medium to low flame..
- Gently remove the cooked chicken & add in the rice. Keep it covered & cook in low flame..
- Serve by placing the chicken on the top of rice…