Chicken Pozole Verde 💚.
You can cook Chicken Pozole Verde 💚 using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pozole Verde 💚
- It’s 1 Package of (approx 3lb) chicken thighs.
- Prepare 6 of (approx 1lb) tomatillos.
- It’s 1 of large onion- quartered.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chicken bouillon or 2 cubes.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oregano.
- You need 1 handful of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 3 (15 oz) of cans of hominy.
- Prepare 3-4 of jalapenos.
- Prepare of Water.
Chicken Pozole Verde 💚 step by step
- Rinse clean the chicken, tomatillos, and jalapenos.
- Grab a large pot and throw in all of the ingredients listed above except for the cilantro and hominy. Fill pot with water until contents are covered..
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium/high and cook for 40 min..
- Remove chicken thighs & bay leaves. Drain the juice from your pot and set aside. You should now have all of the solid pieces from the pot (minus the chicken thighs.) Throw this into your food processor or blender..
- Add the cilantro and two ladles of the drained broth into the processor; blend well..
- Once your chicken has cooled, remove any bones and pull apart (shred)..
- Drain and rinse your three cans of hominy..
- Combine your blended mixture, shredded chicken, and the broth you set aside.. back into the pot. Either heat on medium/low until ready to serve.. or store for later grubbing..