Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. You can have Banana Bread using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of melted butter (cooled) *plus 1 tablespoon (to butter pan.).
- You need 3 of or 4 ripe bananas.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 cup of AP flour.
Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. Banana Bread Tips How do I quickly ripen bananas?
Banana Bread step by step
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350°F. Butter pan or line muffin pan with liners if you're going to use them..
- Put first 7 ingredients in blender..
- Blend until smooth..
- Put flour in bowl. (If you are adding nuts or chips put them in the flour now and mix them around. The flour will coat them and keep them from sinking to the bottom of the pan.).
- Mix blended ingredients into flour..
- Mix until smooth..
- Pour in to buttered pan.(or buttered muffin pan or muffin pan lined with cupcake liners.).
- Bake for 1 hour (start checking for doneness by inserting a toothpick into center after 50 minutes.) *If you're making muffins they won't take as long to bake so start checking after 20 min.*.
- Remove from oven on to cooling rack for 5 minutes..
- Remove pan and cool on rack for 1 hour. (Hardest part!).
- Caramel can be added after the bread has been removed from pan..
When baking with bananas, use ones that are ripe (or even overripe) to yield the best flavor. If you have a day or two to spare, place bananas and an apple, avocado, peach or tomato in a brown paper bag and keep on your counter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe.