You can have Chicken Posole using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Posole
- Prepare 4 each of dried guajillo chilis.
- It’s 6 each of dried California chili.
- It’s 1/2 of pasilla chili pepper.
- You need 1/2 of jalapeño chili pepper.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 large of Onion cut in chunks.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain tomato sauce.
- It’s 3/4 can of Hominy. It's the largest sized can-6lbs.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need of salt.
- You need 3 lb of chicken(can be leg or breast/bone-in or boneless).
Chicken Posole instructions
- De-stem and seed dried peppers, Boil all peppers, onion, and garlic in pot for 20 minutes in minimal amount of salted water-about 1/3 of an 8 qt pot.
- Use immersion or regular blender to blend everything you boiled. Be careful if using the blender. Leave slightly open and hold a towel gently on top to avoid steam explosion.
- Strain and pour back into pot.
- Rinse Hominy and add to pot.
- Add tomato sauce,chili powder, and bay leaves. Add water to fill pot up to a couple of inches below top leaving enough room for chicken (don't add the chicken yet) Salt to taste and bring back to a boil.
- Add chicken and cook for another 30-40(until chicken is cooked through).