Chicken with Mushroom & Asparagus Casserole. In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown both sides of chicken in skillet. Place chicken on top of mushrooms, arrange remaining mushrooms on chicken, and top with mozzarella cheese.
The mushroom gravy is delicious spooned over mashed potatoes, but really tasty with whatever side you choose, such as egg noodles or rice. Other readers have commented that they add frozen vegetables while the chicken is simmering to make this a complete meal. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then coat with flour, shaking off excess. You can have Chicken with Mushroom & Asparagus Casserole using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken with Mushroom & Asparagus Casserole
- It’s of Cream Cheese 8oz; softened.
- It’s of (1 1/2) Can of Cream of Mushroom soup.
- You need 1 can of Cream of Chicken soup.
- You need to taste of Garlic powder.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Paprika.
- It’s to taste of Dried Parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of Asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 of pouch Uncle Ben's Ready White Rice; cooked accord. to pkg.
- You need 5 of chicken breast tenderloins; shredded.
- You need 1 bag of sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1 of sleeve Ritz Crackers.
Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Mix cornstarch and milk until smooth. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
Chicken with Mushroom & Asparagus Casserole instructions
- Boil chicken in 2 cups of water with 2 tsp Chicken Bouillon. Cook chicken until ALMOST done. It will finish cooking in the oven. Shred chicken once cooled and set aside..
- In a large bowl Mix Cream cheese and soups.
- Add spices, mix well..
- Added Asparagus, mix well..
- Add Rice, mix well.
- Add Chicken, mix well.
- Add cheese, leaving some for topping. Mix well..
- Spoon Mixture in a greased casserole dish and bake for 30 min @ 350.
- In a pan, melt 1/2 stick butter with 1/4 tsp of chicken bouillon and add crushed Ritz Crackers. Remove once crackers are moistened and set aside..
- Top casserole with Crackers and Shredded Cheese and bake til cheese is melted. About 25 min..
- Serve and Enjoy!.
Add the sliced mushrooms and garlic and cook for a few minutes until tender. Tender white-meat chicken pieces start out simmering in a creamy sauce with the earthy flavors of mushrooms, garlic, and fresh thyme in this recipe, then get transferred to the oven in the same skillet, pan juices and all, to bake with Parmesan cheese to creamy, bubbly browned perfection. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until tender. This low-carb and keto friendly dish is packed with flavor and makes a delicious dinner on a salad, pasta or rice!