Asparagus with Preserved Lemons. Remove from the heat and uncover at the table. Garnish the asparagus with the preserved lemon and some Parmigiano Reggiano plus some pepper. Put asparagus in a wide, shallow roasting pan.
Place asparagus in a single layer in a parchment-lined wide and shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and toss the spears to coat them. Sprinkle with minced preserved lemon, then sprinkle with coarse salt. You can cook Asparagus with Preserved Lemons using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asparagus with Preserved Lemons
- It’s 1 lb of fresh asparagus, cleaned and trimmed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of preserved lemon (see my recipe for Preserved Meyer Lemons).
- It’s 1 of kosher salt.
Chop the lemons into small pieces, then toss with the cooked asparagus. Serve, seasoned with salt and pepper. Asparagus and lemon is a classic combination. But preserved lemons elevate this simple dish.
Asparagus with Preserved Lemons instructions
- Preheat oven at 425.
- Place asparagus on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, toss so all is coated.
- Dice preserved lemon rind, sprinkle over asparagus.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt to taste.
- Roast until just tender, about 15 minutes.
- I suggest serving over couscous, drizzled with pan juices.
Roasted Asparagus Salad with Preserved Lemon A simple stunner of a salad using spring's and summer's bounty – asparagus and tomatoes – with a bit of winter preserved in a jar – lemons. Pistachios add crunch and goat or feta cheese add more protein and contrasting texture and color. Halve the asparagus spears lengthways and place them in a bowl. Add the preserved lemons, pickled chillies, fresh mint and a generous amount of black pepper, then drizzle with some olive oil. Lemon Garlic Asparagus is simply steamed asparagus tossed with a simple dressing of preserved lemon juice, garlic-infused olive oil and an herb, my favorite being tarragon.