Rolled pounded yam wt egusi soup. Pounded Yam is a staple in many West African homes, but it is not usually eaten by itself, it is often paired with many delicious African soups, and stews. Other food in the swallow group includes fufu – made from cassava flour, Eba, Amala, and more. Egusi soup is popular in Western Africa.
Pumpkin seeds, also known as pepitas, can be substituted and are available in Latin American grocery stores. Learn how to make Nigeria's most popular soup Egusi. Peel, wash and boil yam till its well cooked, pound, mold into balls and set aside. You can have Rolled pounded yam wt egusi soup using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rolled pounded yam wt egusi soup
- Prepare of Yam.
- You need of Kayan miya.
- It’s of Egusi.
- You need leaves of Ugu.
- It’s of Chicken.
- You need of Maggi n any other seasoning of ur choice.
- It’s of Farar leda for rolling the pounded yam.
- It’s of Rolling board.
- You need of Oil.
- You need of Salt.
Egusi soup is unarguably the most popular Nigerian soup. In my few years as a food blogger and Nigerian food lover, I have learned that different recipes exist across different Nigerian ethnic groups. The Yorubas make efo elegusi while the Igbos make ofe egusi, all with similar ingredients but with. Melon soup also known as egusi soup is a popular soup recipe in the Western part of Africa.
Rolled pounded yam wt egusi soup step by step
- Da farko xaki feraye yam dinki sai ki wanke ta ki xuba a tukunya kisa salt d ruwa ki rufe ki barta ta dahu.
- Sai ki dauko turmin ki ki xuba a ciki ki daka ta ki tabbatar ta daku babu guda guda a ciki.
- Sai ki dauko farar ledar ki kar ki yaga ta ki xuba pounded yam dinki a ciki sai ki dora akan rolling board dinki kiyi rolling har taxo bakin ledar.
- Sai ki daye saman ledar kiyi rolling kmr tabarma ki nannade d ledar ki sai ki ajeye a flask.
- Sai mu dawo kan miyar mu itakuma xaki yi grating kayan miyan ki sai ki xuba oil a pot dinki ki soya su xaki iya using palm oil but ni nayi amfani d groundnut oil ne.
- Sai ki kawo egusi dinki kiyi making paste sai ki dinga sawa a ciki kayan miyar ki ki rufe yyi kmr 10mint.
- Bayan 10mint xaki ga miyar ki tayi kauri sosai sai ki adding ruwa a ciki ki xuba maggi d spices dinki ki juya.
- Sai ki kawo kaxarki ki xuba ki juya sai ki barshi kmr 3mint haka.
- Sai ki yanka ugu dinki d albasa ki wanke ki xuba a ciki ki rage wutar ki barshi har y dahu xaki ga mai y fito sai ki sauke.
- Ki xuba pounded yam dinki a plate sai ki kawo bowl ki xuba miyar ki then serve n enjoy.
This soup is best served with pounded yam, fufu or eba. The egusi soup is often thickened with ground melon seeds. The basic ingredients include assorted meat, dried fish, onions, fresh tomatoes. Nigerian Egusi Soup is a soup thickened with ground melon seeds and contains leafy and other vegetables. Find out how to cook egusi soup with this egusi soup recipe.