pozole with chicken.
You can cook pozole with chicken using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of pozole with chicken
- It’s 1/2 bag of of chile ancho peppers.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 1 lb of chicken drumsticks.
- It’s 1 of avacados.
- Prepare 1 of cabbage.
- You need 1 can of 12 oz la preferida white hominy.
- Prepare 2 can of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 of lime.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of tortilla chips.
pozole with chicken step by step
- put about a gallon or a gallon in a half of water to boil add chicken and whole onion.
- rubber gloves come in handy to clean the chiles.. start by breaking them open and removing the stem and the seeds .. once cleaned put them to boil.. it takes about the same time for the chicken to cook and the chiles to get soft.. I'd say 10 – 15 mins…
- once chiles are soft remove from water and add to blender.. take about a cup of the water used to boil the chiles and add to blender.. add two cans of tomato sauce some salt and blend till smooth.
- by the time this is done the chicken should be almost cooked.. I want the chicken hanging off the bone.. add the hominy and sauce .. boil for about 15- 30 minutes.. until hominy is no longer white but a pink redish color..
- when done serve and add avacado and chopped cabbage.. add salt and lime or lemon juice for flavor.. enjoy!.