You can have Chicken Pozole using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pozole
- Prepare 2 lb of boneless skineless chicken"white or dark" your choice.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of bayleaf.
- You need 1 of 6 pound can of hominey.
- Prepare of sauce.
- Prepare 6 of dried guajillo chilies.
- Prepare 4 of dried new mexico chilies.
- Prepare 2 of dried pascilla chilies.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of chicken bullion.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic salt.
- You need 2 of dried ancho chilies.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need of toppings.
- You need 1/2 of shredded cabbage.
- You need 1/2 of diced onion.
- Prepare 6 of sliced radishes.
- You need 1 of limes.
Chicken Pozole instructions
- start by chopping your chicken into bite size pieces. add to large stock pot with 1/2 a peeled onion, bayleaf and 3 cloves of garlic, bring to a boil then simmer medium heat for atleast 45minutes make sure to keep skimming the top.
- now cut tops if chilies and take out seeds n veins, add to a small pot to boil with garlic and onion. boil till wilted down about 15minutes (save juice from water you will use for sauce).
- once your chiles are done add all ingredients to a blender till smooth youll probably need about 1-2 cups of chili water for smoothnees, taste for seasonings..
- open hominey rinse a few Times till water runs clean, add to chicken. Strain your sauce and also add to chicken stiring a few times taste for seasonings..
- let pozole cook another 15minutes. Now your done! you can top with toppings and a side of tortilla or tostada shells and a cold beer! Enjoy.