Asparagus soup. Add asparagus, vegetable broth, garlic powder and white pepper. Looking for recipes for asparagus soup? Taste of Home has the best asparagus soup recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips.
Add the vermouth and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Tangy Asparagus Soup A dollop of creme fraiche makes this pretty soup an ideal starter for an elegant spring dinner party. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. You can have Asparagus soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asparagus soup
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth remove all grease.
- It’s 2 cups of rich sweet milk scald.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of green asparagus tips cut in very small pieces.
- It’s of Celery salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of flour stirred into little milk.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of celery hearts.
- Prepare of Add little whipped cream when serving paprika.
Process the mixture in a blender to puree the vegetables. In a heavy pot over medium heat, melt butter. A fresh and easy asparagus soup in a base of stock, cream, and onion, seasoned with thyme and dry vermouth. Photography Credit: Elise Bauer When spring arrives and asparagus are in season, they are hard to resist, right?
Asparagus soup step by step
- Cook asparagus till tender remove tips from water.
- Cook celery in asparagus water.
- Add well blended flour and butter to hot broth that has been mixed with the milk.
- Add cook asparagus tips serve very hot with paprika.
- Top with whipped cream..
Add the chopped asparagus to the pot, along with the chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Purée the soup with a hand-held immersion blender until smooth and creamy. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. In a soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the stock and asparagus and bring to a simmer.