Lemon asparagus chicken pasta. Add red onion and asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Lemon Garlic Chicken Asparagus Pasta – with sauteed chicken and tender asparagus, tossed in a delicious creamy lemon garlic sauce. Lemon Asparagus Pasta with Grilled Chicken This recipe for lemon asparagus pasta combines tender asparagus and grilled chicken with pasta in a lemon cream sauce.
Remove the lid and add the nutritional yeast (or parmesan cheese), lemon juice, lemon zest and stir well. Stir in the lemon zest and juice and remove from the heat. Place the pasta and asparagus back into the pot you cooked them in along with the grilled chicken breasts cut into strips. You can have Lemon asparagus chicken pasta using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon asparagus chicken pasta
- You need 1 lb. of linguine or spaghetti.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb. of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp. of butter.
- You need 1 of small red onion, chopped.
- You need 1 lb. of asparagus, stalks trimmed and cut into thirds or quartered.
- Prepare 3/4 c of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 c. of low-sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3/4 c. of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s 1/2 c. of freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish.
- You need 1 of lemon, sliced into half moons.
- It’s of Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish.
Pour the cream sauce over the pasta mixture and toss to coat evenly, adding pasta water if needed to thin the sauce. Stir the parmesan cheese into the pasta. Pour in the cream and lemon juice and add the asparagus. Simmer until the asparagus is just starting to soften then add the Parmesan and season to taste.
Lemon asparagus chicken pasta step by step
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot..
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to let rest, then thinly slice..
- To skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add red onion and asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, 5 minutes, then add heavy cream, chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic and simmer 5 minutes..
- Stir in cheeses and let cook until melty, then add lemon slices and cooked linguine..
- Top with sliced chicken and garnish with more Parmesan and parsley..
Simmer for a few more minutes. Slice the chicken and add it back to the sauce then toss in cooked pasta. Asparagus and lemon go so well together, each perfectly complimenting the other so you can't go wrong by adding the two to chicken and pasta – especially when you're going to be adding in Neufchatel cheese and parmesan cheese! In large skillet, saute chicken and onion over medium heat until chicken is almost cooked through. Add garlic and cook for another minute.