Nsala soup with pounded yam. Nsala soup (ofe nsala) is one of the popular soups that are native to the Igbo Tribe in Nigeria. So if you are dating or married to a man from the south or eastern part of Nigeria, you can try giving him a meal of pounded yam and ofe nsala tonight. One Nsala soup is a nigeria soup that doesn't need oil.
Ofe Nsala is the quickest and easiest Igbo Soup to prepare making it the choice soup for special guests who are so familiar to us that they pay us impromptu visits. Nsala soup is made with small pieces of yam with utazi leaves. The soup originates from the Eastern part of Nigeria and Delta State particularly Ogwashi-uku and Ubulu-uku towns. You can have Nsala soup with pounded yam using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nsala soup with pounded yam
- Prepare 4 teaspoon of pepper soup spice.
- You need 2 cups of crayfish.
- You need 1 kg of fresh fish.
- It’s 1/2 of sliced onion.
- It’s of salt.
- You need 3 of medium sliced yam.
- It’s 2 of knorr cubes.
- You need of small bunch of utazi.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of camerooun pepper.
This delicacy is quite different from Banga soup and Afghan soup. RECIPES NSALA SOUP (WHITE SOUP) Nsala soup is one of the most delicious of all Nigerian soups, this year alone I have made and eaten more You might wanna start by peeling and boiling the yam, this should be pounded with a mortar and pestle. Pounded yam serve as the thickener but can. Stew* = some people love their pounded yam with tomato stew.
Nsala soup with pounded yam instructions
- Cut and boil fish with Maggi,salt and onion.add the sliced yam allow both to boil till is soft..
- Add the pepper soup spice,crayfish..
- While meat is still boil bring out the yam and pound with mortar very well..
- Add the paste back to the pot.the more you add the thicker the soup..
- Add more water and allow the soup to cook very well.add more crayfish..
- Then add utazi leave allow to boil for 5mins.soup is ready better serve with pounded yam..
Iyan is however believed to go best egusi. Nsala soup or white soup as commonly called by Nigerians is a meal famous to the eastern tribe and riverine area of Nigeria. The first step, peel the yam cubes, wash and boil. Ofe Nsala (Nsala Soup) is a delicious soup, popular in the eastern part of Nigeria. Peel the yam cubes and boil until soft, then pound to a smooth paste, using a mortar and pestle.