Posole. It is also popular (under the older spelling posole) in the cuisine of New Mexico where it was a common dish among the Pueblo Indians residing along the Rio "Authentic Pozole Rojo (Red Posole) Recipe". Pozole, AKA posole or pozolé, is a traditional Mexican soup. Because making it is labor-intensive and time-consuming, it's often a treat for special occasions.
On my channel, you will find all types of homemade recipes cooked with love. Traditional Mexican pozole (posole) is a rich, brothy soup made with pork, hominy, and red chiles. Pile your bowl with toppings like shredded cabbage, radishes, cilantro, lime, and avocado! You can have Posole using 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Posole
- It’s 1 large of Can hominy.
- Prepare 4 of pigs trotters cleaned and split.
- Prepare 3 lb of pork stew meat.
- It’s 1 of Onion chopped.
- You need 1 of half bulb of garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1 of Sauce.
- Prepare 8 of dried new Mexico chilis stemmed (seeded if you wish).
- Prepare 8 of dried Chili De arbol stemmed.
- It’s 1/2 of bulb of garlic.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chicken bouillon.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of optional toppings.
- It’s 1 of diced avocados, sliced radishes, shredded cabbage, pico de gallo, pork rinds, lime, tostada shells.
Pozole, also known as posole, is a simple stew made with pork and hominy. This pozole rojo recipe uses red chile peppers and is easy and delicious. Chicken Posole Verde is a surprisingly flavorful chicken stew with a toothsome bite. This Chicken Posole Verde Recipe is full of shredded chicken and hominy in a flavorful verde broth.
- put pigs trotters and stew meat in large pot, cover with water about an inch above meat, bring to boil, skim any scum off top, add next 8 ingredients, cover pot and simmer 1 and a half hours..
- meanwhile wash peppers off, put in pot, cover with water, bring to a boil, turn heat off, cover and soak Chili's for about 30 minutes. put Chili's in blender with remaining ingredients and about a cup and a half of the water you boiled them in, liquefy..
- add sauce and hominy to your meat pot, bring to boil and simmer for about 30 more minutes or until hominy is tender. adjust seasoning if necessary. use toppings you like and enjoy!.
Posole, also spelled pozole, is a Mexican soup (stew) from pre-Columbian times made with hominy We made this posole with pork shoulder but at the end I added some cut up boneless chicken thighs. Note: "Posole" or "pazole" are alternative spellings used to describe this dish. Last night was day two of the posole, and it was even better than first night. I can't wait to try it tonight. Posole, the savory and hearty, rather soupy stew made from dried large white corn kernels simmered for hours, is traditional and easy to prepare.