Egusi/ugu leaf soup with pounded yam. Hi everybody This video is about me sharing with you guys how I make my Egusi soup with ugu. Peel, wash and boil yam till its well cooked, pound, mold into balls and set aside. Pounded Yam is a staple in many West African homes, but it is not usually eaten by itself, it is often paired with many delicious African soups, and stews.
The soup is thickened with ground melon, gourd, or squash seeds. Look for the seeds in African or International grocery stores. Pumpkin seeds, also known as pepitas, can be substituted and are available in Latin American grocery stores. You can cook Egusi/ugu leaf soup with pounded yam using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egusi/ugu leaf soup with pounded yam
- Prepare of Yam.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of Beef.
- Prepare of Chicken.
- You need of Pomo/komo.
- Prepare of Cat fish.
- It’s leaf of Ugu.
- Prepare of Egusi.
- It’s of Cray fish.
- Prepare of Scotch bonnet.
- It’s of Red pepper.
- It’s of Onion.
- You need of Garlic.
- It’s of Ginger.
- You need of Palm oil.
- It’s of Maggi.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Seasoning.
How To make Egusi soup In Nigeria, Learn To make this delicious Nigerian soup. Nigerian Egusi Soup is a soup thickened with ground melon seeds and contains leafy and other vegetables. Find out how to cook egusi soup with Particularly, in Nigerian culture, egusi is a popular with pounded yam. These seeds are rich in fat and protein, and add these essential nutrients into.
Egusi/ugu leaf soup with pounded yam step by step
- Peel yam,wash and pour in pot.Set the pot on fire to be boiled/cook..
- Wash motor and pistol,if the yam is cooked,then gradually be dropping the yam one after the other and be pounding it.Pound it very well and make shape of your choice..
- Set another separate pot on fire and be boiling your komo/Pomo, chicken,beef,cat fish one after the other with the help of your ginger,garlic,salt, seasoning and maggi.If cooked keep them aside..
- Wash and grand your scotch bonned,red pepper and onion.Set pot on fire pour palm oil and diced onion fry for some minutes then pour the granded pepper alot it to fry very well.
- In the same pot be pouring your mix granded egusi with crary fish and be stiring it for some minutes and add water to it..
- Add maggi,salt and seasoning to taste a lot it to be well cook/boiled..
- Then after deep boiled add ugu leaf stir and alot it to be cook for some minutes the off your light..
Melon soup also known as egusi soup is a popular soup recipe in the Western part of Africa. This soup is best served with pounded yam, fufu or eba. Egusi soup and pounded yam is such a mouthwatering and appetising dish to behold. Egusi soup and pounded yam are top of the list. learn how to Let me show you how to cook egusi soup in easy steps. Serve this Nigerian soup with pounded yam, amala, eba I used baby spinach to cook this egusi soup but there are other varieties of green vegetable leaf that can be added as well.