You can cook pozolé using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of pozolé
- You need 2 lb of chicken legs and thigh.
- You need 2 lb of pork roast chopped into chunks.
- Prepare 15 of dried japones chiles.
- You need 5 of dried California chiles.
- It’s 5 of dried new mexico chiles.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of mexican oregano.
- You need 1 of onion cut in quarters.
- You need 1 of water to fill pot 3/4 of the way.
- It’s 1 large of can of hominy.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of FOR TOPPINGS.
- Prepare 1 of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 of chopped cabbage.
- You need 1 of dried mexican oregano.
- You need 1 of cut lime wedges to squeeze in your bowl.
- You need 1 of salsa de hormiga(recipe on my profile).
- in large pot add meats and onion and water,cook about 3 hrs on medium high till meats are pull apart tender.
- in a small sauce pan. place chiles and cover with water and cook till tender and rehydrated.
- when the chiles are ready place in blender with water cooked in add garlic and blend on high till very smooth.
- add hominy to pot with meats.
- add blended salsa into pot with meats.
- add oregano, salt to taste.
- let cook another hr for a total of 4 hr cooking time.
- serve in deep bowl and top with toppings listed as desired.