Easy bacon Carbonara. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Classic Italian recipes are a popular section of recipes on the site including Meat Lasagna, Chicken Parmesan and Marinara Sauce. Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
A quick and easy dinner that is made in minutes! Authentic Carbonara is an easy Italian pasta recipe using eggs, cheese and bacon. This is an easy carbonara recipe that any home cook can feel confident in making! You can cook Easy bacon Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy bacon Carbonara
- You need 1 pound of spaghetti.
- It’s 10 slices of bacon, cut into small pieces.
- It’s 3 of large egg yolks.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of Parmesan, shaved.
- You need of Optional 1 cup frozen peas.
Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente, adding peas during the last minute of cooking. Pasta Carbonara is a favorite Italian dish made with wholesome ingredients. The creamy sauce is made with eggs and Parmesan cheese, using a special technique to ensure a smooth and luscious texture. Spaghetti noodles are topped with chopped bacon and sweet peas for the ultimate comfort food.
Easy bacon Carbonara instructions
- Cook the pasta in a large pot to one minute less than the directions on the box and keep 1/2 cup of pasta water to the side to drain pasta (do not rinse pasta).
- In a large skillet add the bacon and cook until crisp then turn off the heat and remove the bacon with a slotted spoon then add the pasta and toss it in bacon fat..
- Add the eggs,salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese to a large bowl and whisk well before adding slowly while tossing the hot pasta quickly to prevent it from scrambling..
- Add in 1/4 cup of the pasta water and peas (if using) tossing again to create a saucy consistency to the pasta then topping with bacon before serving !.
- Enjoy 🙂.
Directions In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Return cooked bacon to pan; add cooked and drained spaghetti. Toss to coat and heat through, adding more olive oil if it seems dry or is sticking together. Add beaten eggs and cook, tossing constantly with tongs or large fork until eggs are barely set.