My Favorite Pasta Carbonara. My Favorite Spaghetti alla Carbonara: Jamie Oliver Inspired Recipe. New Kitchen Life is an Amazon Associate and participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon EU Associates Programme and the Amazon Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn. In fact, the comfort pasta dish that while not enjoyed often, when chosen to be enjoyed is deeply savored – Spaghettia alla Carbonara.
In a large pot, boil pasta in salted water. In the same pot you boiled the pasta, on low heat, mix the pasta and sautéed bacon very well. It's up there with Chicken Parm and real deal, authentic Italian Pasta Alfredo. You can have My Favorite Pasta Carbonara using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Favorite Pasta Carbonara
- Prepare of //Egg sauce//.
- It’s of ☆100 g parmesan cheese.
- You need of ☆5 eggs.
- It’s of ☆1/2 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare of ☆1/4 tsp salt.
- Prepare 400 g of pasta.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 300 g of bacon.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
Contrary to popular belief, just like in authentic Italian Alfredo, there is no cream in authentic Carbonara. It's egg, cheese, meat (and meat fat), black pepper, and a little pasta water. Background of this Spaghetti Carbonara recipe. All inspiration from this recipe comes from Chef Marc Murphy.
My Favorite Pasta Carbonara step by step
- In a medium size bowl, add all the ingredients of ☆ and mix it well..
- In a large pan, drizzle olive oil, BEFORE turning on stovetop heat add minced garlic. Then turn on stovetop (low to medium heat) and sauté for three minutes until it’s golden brown. Remove the sautéed garlic from pan and put it aside..
- In the same pan, add back the oil and put bacon and sauté until it gets crispy. Discard excess oil. Add crushed red pepper and sauté for one minute and turn off the heat and let it rest..
- In a large pot, boil pasta in salted water. Finished it al dente. Save 1 cup pasta water..
- In the same pot you boiled the pasta, on low heat, mix the pasta and sautéed bacon very well. Add 1/4 pasta water and mix well. Add half of the egg sauce and mix them continuously. Add another 1/4 pasta water and the rest of the egg sauce. Your goal is to finish with creamy textures (not crumbly). Add more pasta water if it’s needed..
- After you plate it, add sautéed garlic pieces and crushed black pepper on top of the pasta. ENJOY!.
He also did a live cooking demonstration that day, and showcased his recipe for Spaghetti Carbonara. MY FAVORITE PASTA – CHICKEN PASTA CARBONARA. I've tried many Carbonara Recipes, and they are all delicious, but this is a new favorite. I will use my egg whites to make this delicious Marshmallow frosting for a White or Chocolate cake. I've posted this frosting recipe as well.