Ground beef and mashed potato bake. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining cheese. Our ground beef and mashed potato casserole is a version of the classic Shepherd's Pie. Stir in the corn, soup, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper and basil.
Remove the ground beef from the oven and carefully pour off the excess fat. Top the meat with the mashed potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. If desired, sprinkle lightly with paprika. You can have Ground beef and mashed potato bake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ground beef and mashed potato bake
- You need 600 grams of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 1 packages of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- You need 5 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of milk (to taste).
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of grated cheese (to taste).
- You need 1 dash of oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt (to taste).
Slice onions and spray casserole dish with non-stick coating. Place the browned ground beef in the bottom of the casserole dish. Cover with half of the cheese (tearing cheese slices into chunks if using) and half of the sliced onions. Add green beans next, and repeat cheese & onion layers.
Ground beef and mashed potato bake instructions
- Peel and cut the potatoes. Boil enough water to cover them and cook them for 40 minutes or until soft..
- On a pan, heat oil at medium heat. Add beef..
- Chop the onion and add it to the beef when it has a pink tone. Mix well..
- When the onion looks transparent, add the tomato sauce. Dice the tomato and add it to the mixture. Mix well..
- Mash the potatoes. Add milk and butter and mix. Add salt to taste..
- Preheat broiler (or oven to broil)..
- Put half the mashed potatoes on a pan. Then add the beef mix on top and another layer of mashed potatoes on top. Cover with cheese..
- Put the tray in the oven for ten minutes..
Top with Cheddar cheese, and continue baking until cheese is melted. Spread half of the potatoes over bottom of baking dish. In a bowl, stir together the dry potato flakes, sour cream, and water until smooth. Spread the potatoes over the ground beef in the crock pot. Cook the potato cores in salted boiling water, drain, then mash with sour cream and chopped chives.