Sheet Pan Roast Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes, Onions & Asparagus. Place your chicken in a single layer, skin side up, on your sheet pan. Try not to have the pieces touch. Then place onions and tomatoes between the chicken pieces.
Add potatoes to seasoning mixture and toss to coat. Pour contents of bowl into pan. Add lemon wedges and season with salt and pepper to taste. You can have Sheet Pan Roast Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes, Onions & Asparagus using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sheet Pan Roast Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes, Onions & Asparagus
- It’s 5 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces.
- You need 2-2.5 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, grated OR 2 teaspoons garlic powder (not garlic salt).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- You need 1/4 cup of Balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of yogurt.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of olive oil plus more for veg.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 of onion, peeled, halved, halves cut into quarters.
- It’s 12-15 of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 pound of asparagus, woody part of stem removed, cut into 1.5-inch pieces.
Remove pan from oven and add in the cherry tomatoes. To prepare chicken and vegetables: Add the chicken, potatoes, zucchini, onion, tomatoes, olives and salt to the bowl with the glaze and stir to coat. Pour the chicken and vegetables out onto the. In a bowl (or liquid measuring cup) whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey and garlic.
Sheet Pan Roast Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes, Onions & Asparagus instructions
- Mix salt, sugar, garlic, thyme, rosemary, Balsamic vinegar, and yogurt in a bowl until all the salt and sugar are dissolved. In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the chicken pieces with the mixture, making sure it's evenly distributed. After that, add in the olive oil and mix thoroughly again. Set aside on the counter and let the flavors absorb. If you're going to roast within 90 minutes, no need to refrigerate. That will just slow down the marinating process..
- While the chicken is taking up the seasoning, preheat the oven to 425F. After the oven is preheated, put your sheet pan in the oven, empty, for about 10 minutes total, adding the butter and letting it melt in the last minute. This butter along with the heat of the pan will help sear the bottom sides of the chicken and also make your pan sauce extra delicious..
- In a separate medium bowl, toss your tomatoes and onions with a teaspoon of olive oil and a good pinch of salt..
- Place your chicken in a single layer, skin side up, on your sheet pan. Try not to have the pieces touch. Then place onions and tomatoes between the chicken pieces. Roast for 25 minutes before adding your asparagus..
- While the chicken, tomatoes, and onions are roasting, toss the asparagus with a teaspoon of olive oil and a good pinch of salt. (I just used the same bowl as I used for the tomatoes and onions.).
- After the chicken, tomatoes, and onions have been roasting for 25 minutes, scatter the asparagus over the pan and roast another 20 minutes..
- That's it! I served it with a Spring Greens Salad dressed with Balsamic vinaigrette and lots of crusty bread for sopping up that yummy pan sauce. Enjoy. :).
Add zucchini, squash, broccoli, bell pepper and red onion to a sheet pan, top with chicken then pour balsamic mixture over chicken and veggies, and toss. Arrange mozzarella rounds over chicken and tomatoes. Return to oven and roast until cheese is. On a piece of aluminum foil, place the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seal the foil to form a pouch. Arrange the chicken thighs on top and sprinkle them all over with the smoked paprika and salt and pepper.