Macaroni Gratin. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Transfer to prepared casserole dish and lay cheese slices over macaroni. This Macaroni Au Gratin is a totally decadent mixture of two of our favorite sideboard mainstays—macaroni and cheese and au gratin potato casserole.
We served the gratin with Sho Chiku Bai Shirakabegura Kimoto Junmai, one of our favorite sake and dinner just feel extra special. This sake is velvety smooth and so full of flavors. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. You can have Macaroni Gratin using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Macaroni Gratin
- You need 1 can of creamy garlic cheese pasta sauce (300 gram).
- It’s 2 cups of Macaroni.
- You need 1 of onion (thinly clice).
- It’s To taste of Italian herb.
- Prepare 2 table spoon of olive oil.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 6 of mushroom cut into small slice.
- It’s 1 tea spoon of salt.
- It’s of Water to boil macaroni.
- It’s as needed of Unsalted butter.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Sliced cooked Ox tongue.
- Prepare of Cheddar cheese (grated).
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic lighty crushed.
- Prepare of Cheddar spread single cheese.
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Drain by lifting it out of the water and immediately coat with the olive oil. Macaroni Gratin is a creamy macaroni and cheese recipe baked up in a skillet, gratin style. I admit this might look like just another excuse to make more macaroni and cheese.
Macaroni Gratin step by step
- In a large pot bring the water to boil, add salt and cook macaroni about 8 minutes or according to the intruction in the package and drain well.
- In other pan, heat olive oil and cook onion. Add garlic and fry until fragrant, add mushroom, salt pepper. Stir well and turn into medium or low heat..
- Add white creamy garlic cheese pasta sauce and mix well and cook about 5 minutes..
- Put the drained macaroni into pasta sauce and mix well, add Italian herb and taste it..
- Grease the gratin baking dishes with butter and transfer macaroni into them..
- Layer with ox tounge and cheddar spread single cheese, sprinkel grated cheddar cheese and parmesan over the macaroni and bake until golden brown or untill cheese melted then remove from the oven and ready to serve.
Macaroni au Gratin is not just made one way. Haitians from different regions of the country will add a few of their own favorite ingredients, especially meat ingredients. It is not uncommon for Haitians to put ham or chicken in their Macaroni au Gratin, for example. But the most common ingredients include salt, onions, peppers, evaporated milk. Out of the hot oven comes this freshly-baked Haitian delicacy: Macaroni au Gratin.