Sirloin Steak. Keyword: Beef, Comfort Food, Election Night Sirloin Steak, Hacks, Meats. Salt, oil, a hot cast iron skillet, and a good stopwatch are all you need for a perfect medium-rare sirloin steak, the very steak I cook every four years when the polls close. Sirloin steaks come from the sirloin primal cut—the cow's lower back, beginning at the sixth and last lumbar vertebra and including the hip bone.
Place another rack in the position above this and put the steak directly on this rack. The sirloin steak is cut from the sirloin, the subprimal posterior to the short loin where the T-bone, porterhouse, and club steaks are cut. The sirloin is actually divided into several types of steak. You can have Sirloin Steak using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sirloin Steak
- Prepare 2.5 lbs of beef top sirloin steak.
- You need of As needed, seasoned meat tenderizer and pepper.
- It’s of As needed, a little olive oil and a dap of butter.
The top sirloin is the most prized of these and is specifically marked for sale under that name. Credit: Paul Sirisalee Looking for dinners the whole family will enjoy?. When done, transfer to warmed plates. Beef top sirloin steak recipes are a great way to incorporate a reasonable cut of steak, without sacrificing any flavor.
Sirloin Steak instructions
- Before I cook my steak, I beat the crap out of it with a meat tenderizing tool. I highly recommend getting one of these if you don’t have one..
- When it’s time to cook your steak, heat a large cast iron skillet on med/high heat. Add the oil and butter and allow to melt. Lay the steak in the skillet and set the bacon press or another skillet on top of the steak..
- Cook for a good 5 to 6 minutes without moving it. Flip the steak and repeat with the press or the weight..
- After another 5 or 6 minutes take the skillet off the heat. Take off the weight and transfer to a platter. Allow to sit for several minutes to rest. We like ours medium rare. If you’ve never tried it, have some raw horseradish with that steak. It’s a match made in heaven..
You don't need a grill for this steak dinner, but you can still enjoy it outside! How To Cook Top Sirloin Steak In The Oven. First, you'll want to start off by marinating your sirloin steak. Top sirloin steak has just the right marbling of fat to create a melt-in-your-mouth, crowd-pleasing flavor. These boneless cuts are usually very affordable and large enough to feed a family.