Efo elegusi served with pounded yam. Nigerian Egusi Soup with Fresh Fish & Spinach (Obe Efo Elegusi / Ofe Egusi) Here is a video of how I made my efo elegusi and poundo yam😊 Recipes: Ugu,stockfish,smokedfish,palmoil,salt, locust beans,melon,maggi,pepper! This video will show you how we cook this Nigerian delicacy Efo Riro and Pounded Yam in the simplest way in our kitchen.
What makes efo-riro interesting for me is the ability to eat it as a stand alone meal if you are on a diet or eat it with other carbohydrate I have chosen to serve mine with Pounded Yam. Efo elegusi served with pounded yam. Pumpkin leaf(ugu), Palm oil, Bonnet ball, Crayfish, Pomo, Yam, Onions, Panla. You can have Efo elegusi served with pounded yam using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Efo elegusi served with pounded yam
- It’s of Pumpkin leaf(ugu).
- Prepare of Palm oil.
- Prepare of Bonnet ball.
- Prepare of Crayfish.
- Prepare of Pomo.
- It’s of Yam.
- It’s of Onions.
- It’s of Panla.
- You need of Locust bean(eru).
- You need of Prawn.
- You need of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Egusi.
- Prepare of Assorted meat.
- It’s of Stock fish.
In multiple world regions, other unrelated root crops are also referred to as Yam. For example, in the united states, the orange-fleshed Pound or blend into a dough-like consistency until it's completely smooth with no yam chunks left. What to serve with pounded yam. Egusi Soup – Efo Elegusi is an extremely popular Nigerian vegetable soup.
Efo elegusi served with pounded yam step by step
- De_bone the fish then rinse keep inside a clean plate.
- Grind the egusi dry (without water.
- Slice the ugu then u rinse inside a sieve.
- Grate ur bonnet ball.
- Get ur pot in fire pour your plan oil then mix the egusi with little water then turn it with a spoon then u scoop lit by lit into d oil (do not stir in other to get stick).
- Then you pour your bonnet ball stir then add ur ugu stir it again add ur stock water a little den taste if it need seasoning if it does add ur seasoning.
- Then u add ur panla assorted meat,pomo stir it together then u cover it to cook for someone minutes den bring it down it ready.
- For ur pounded yam peel cut rinse then put inside a pot add little water then place on fire.
- Note: don add salt too ur yam.
- When done put inside ur mortar the pound until smooth.
- When it smooth then serve with your efo elegusi.
The most popular vegetable options for Efo Elegusi are Ugu (Pumpkin leaves), Spinach and Bitterleaf. I prefer a mix of Ugu and Efinrin leaves. I choose to add Efinrin because it's an aromatic herb and it's distinctively. I love it when the egusi forms into big chunks. I had this plate of…» Egusi soup ,also known as Obe Efo elegusi/ Ofe Egusi, is a delicious Nigerian soup that is made with ground melon seeds and enriched with assorted meat, fish and spices.