Afang soup and pounded yam. Afang soup is fast climbing the top of the list of popular Nigerian soup. If you are interested in exploring Nigerian foods, this delicious soup would definitely spur your interest in Nigerian foods. That is how to prepare afang soup, it can be served with fufu, eba, pounded yam, wheat.
I'm sure you all will enjoy watching this video just as I. Afang Soup is the Nigerian soup prepared with the wild leaves known as Okazi. If you need a leafy nutritious soup, then you should go with Afang Soup. You can have Afang soup and pounded yam using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Afang soup and pounded yam
- Prepare leaves of Afang.
- You need leaves of Water.
- Prepare of Stuck fish.
- It’s of Dry fish.
- You need of Crayfish.
- It’s of Palm oil.
- It’s of Yellow pepper.
- It’s of Onions.
- Prepare of Assorted meat.
- Prepare cubes of Seasoning.
- Prepare of For the pounded yam.
- Prepare of Yam.
- Prepare of Water.
The Nigerian Afang Soup, like the Edikang Ikong soup , is native to the Efiks, people of Akwa Ibom and Cross River states of Nigeria but enjoyed. Afang soup, native to the Efik and Ibibio people of Nigeria is a delicious Calabar vegetable soup made with Afang leaves and a leafy vegetable called It is great with Eba, pounded yam, ground rice, oat fufu, and lafun. I do not prefer Afang with softer textured fufu like amala or elubo (a yam based fufu). Afang soup; a delight to behold and to eat.
Afang soup and pounded yam step by step
- Wash the water leaves, drain in a colander and put aside. Pound the okazi leaves with crayfish till smooth put aside. Wash the meat thoroughly, put in a pot add water, slice onion, stuck fish and seasoning cubes cook till soft..
- Add dry fish, allow stock to almost dry then add palm oil. Add the water leaves. Add pepper and salt to taste allow to steam for 2 minutes. Bring down from heat..
- Put and slice the yam, put in a pot and allow to cook, then pound with mortar and pistol till soft..
It is a special delicacy of the Efik and ibibio tribes of Nigeria. Some parts of Cameroon bordering that part of Nigeria also enjoy Afang Soup is soup is a soup rich in meats and vegetables and palm oil. If you are averse to palm oil then this soup may not be for you. Afang Soup is a nutritious soup made with Afang leaves/Okazi leaves,water leaves&assorted meat. Learn how to cook this Rich soup.