Rubbed Tri-tip. My Spice Rubbed Grilled Tri Tip is the best ever recipe for Tri Tip on the grill. In a medium bowl, combine garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix together and coat both sides of tri tip.
Place tri-tip on plate or platter and season with kosher salt. Rub a generous amount of dry rub into both sides of meat. Santa Maria style tri-tip recipe perfect for grilling during barbecue season! You can have Rubbed Tri-tip using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rubbed Tri-tip
- You need 2 lb of Cut of Rump Skirt.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Rosemary.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Thyme.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Onion powder (you can replace it with 1/4 of chopped onion, very small).
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Garlic Powder (you can replace it with 2 tablespoons of minced garlic).
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Paprika.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Black Pepper.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Hymalayan Pink Salt (You can use regular grilling salt, the thick one).
A smoky, sweet and spicy rub adds instant flavor to this tender cut of beef. Santa Maria style tri-tip takes a tender, and mild cut of beef then coats the roast with a blast of spices on the surface for maximum flavor. When your tri tip is near the correct internal temperature, preheat a cast iron skillet over high heat. Remove your tri tip from the smoker.
Rubbed Tri-tip step by step
- Lay the rump skirt on a teflon tray..
- Mix the rosemary, thyme, paprika, garlic, onion, cayenne and black pepper in a bowl to prepare the rub..
- Spread the rub over the rump skirt. Make sure you use it all..
- Salt the rump skirt. If your cut comes with the fat, it is better to put a lot of salt on the fat's side and less salt on the other side when you flip it. Don't worry about putting extra salt on the fat as it will be permeated to the meat evenly. If you have a lean cut, spread the salt equally on both sides..
- In this opportunity we roasted our beef in a Chinese Oven. This is a technique we use a lot because it allows you to slow cook the meat and get a fall-of-the-bone texture. Light the charcoal..
- Lay the rump skirt inside the chinese oven and roast it for one hour..
- Flip the rump skirt and roast it for another hour..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Drop in the sprig of rosemary and then place the tri tip into the sizzling butter. To oven-roast a tri-tip, prepare meat with rub and refrigerate as instructed. On stovetop, heat on high until pan is very hot, then add tri-tip, fat side down. Grilled tri-tip roast has a ton of flavor. This recipe uses a simple spice rub and produces drippings you'll love to use for gravies and sauces.