Egusi soup, chicken and pounded yam. Egusi soup is popular in Western Africa. The soup is thickened with ground melon, gourd, or squash seeds. Look for the seeds in African or International grocery stores.
Pounded Yam is a staple in many West African homes, but it is not usually eaten by itself, it is often paired with many delicious African soups, and stews. Other food in the swallow group includes fufu – made from cassava flour, Eba, Amala, and more. How To make Egusi soup In Nigeria, Learn To make this delicious Nigerian soup. You can have Egusi soup, chicken and pounded yam using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egusi soup, chicken and pounded yam
- Prepare of Blended egusi.
- You need of Blended tomatoes, pepper and onions.
- Prepare of Chicken and smoked fish.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and maggi.
- It’s leaf of Ugwu.
- It’s 1 of /2 cup of palm oil.
- You need 1 of tuber of yam.
Also Learn about all the ingredients used and more about other Nigerian If you are desiring a delicious plate of egusi soups and pounded yam, you will have to prepare them separately. Egusi Soup is a finger-licking good Nigerian soup made with a white variety of pumpkin seeds. It is spicy, nutty with exotic African flavors! These days, yam flour is available in African stores and on Amazon so you can easily make your own pounded yam at home.
Egusi soup, chicken and pounded yam instructions
- Wash ur chicken clean and spices and cook… Put ur oil in a pot and allow to heat. Fry ur blended onions, tomatoes and pepper until it dried… Marsh e egusi until it forms molds add to the pot to fry. Add the chicken sauce and allow to stream properly. Put all other ingredients and taste.. Add ur stew chicken and serve ce the yam and put on the fire.
- Peel and dice the yam put on the fire and allow to cook. Then pound using a mortal……
Melon soup also known as egusi soup is a popular soup recipe in the Western part of Africa. This soup is best served with pounded yam, fufu or eba. Egusi soup and pounded yam is such a mouthwatering and appetising dish to behold. There's nothing quite like egusi soup. Almost every family has their own variation of this truly Nigerian dish – try ours for a guaranteed winner!