Brad's cottage pie. Great recipe for Brad's sheppards pie. This is very similar to my cottage pie recipe. The main difference is that cottage pie has beef, sheppards pie has lamb or goat.
Bray's Cottage Pork Pies Home Bray's Cottage Pork Pies We believe food is for sharing and that you should eat the best that you possibly can. Food should be satisfying and fun. Proper English Cottage Pie is a delicious, very traditional mince pie (beef) topped with mashed potato. You can have Brad's cottage pie using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's cottage pie
- It’s of the veggies.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped asparagus.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced mushroom.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped sweet onion.
- Prepare 2 cups of frozen veggie mix with corn carrots peas and green beans.
- You need 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- You need of the meat.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of thin London broil.
- You need 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/8 cup of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- You need of the potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of LG youkon gold potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of LG sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 4 tbs of butter.
- It’s of milk.
- Prepare to taste of garlic powder, salt, and white pepper.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Prepare 2 cups of prepared brown gravy.
Drain potatoes; mash with milk and butter. Spread over meat mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place pie plate on a foil-lined baking sheet (plate will be full). Shepherd's pie has another name, cottage pie, and mashed potatoes have another alternative – sweet potatoes.
Brad's cottage pie instructions
- First mix the meat ingredients and marinade meat for 1 1/2 hrs at room temperature.
- In a LG frying pan, add 1 tbs oil. Saute onion, mushrooms, and asparagus until mushrooms are close to done. Asparagus should still be crisp. Add balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup water, and frozen veggies. Steam until liquid cooks out..
- Place veggies in a lightly greased 9 X 13 baking dish..
- Meanwhile peel and boil potatoes. When soft, drain. Add butter and seasonings. Mash. Add milk until potatoes become smooth..
- In same pan as the veggies, add 1 tbs oil. Sear London broil over med high heat until browned on both sides but still rare. Remove to a cutting board. Slice thinly across the grain. Layer over the veggies..
- Pour the gravy over everything. Spread the potatoes evenly on top. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. When done add cheese and return to the oven until cheese melts..
- Serve immediately. I served with cottage cheese..
Whatever you call it, there's enough in the recipe to bake one casserole and freeze the other for up to three months. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Both boast a crust of mashed potatoes, but a Cottage Pie uses ground beef in the filling, while a Shepherd's Pie relies on ground lamb. This cheap and cheerful cottage pie has a lighter touch, with everyone's favourite baked beans and plenty of lovely mash. This is designed to be a low cost recipe.