Shepherds Pie P-lo Style. Here is how you can achieve it. To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. Here is how you cook that.
Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. You can go about preparing this in a Dutch oven or a large ovenproof skillet. I used a Dutch oven because I wanted to use these adorable little Staub ramekins. You can cook Shepherds Pie P-lo Style using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie P-lo Style
- You need 2-15 ounce of cans of sweet whole kernel corn.
- Prepare 2-15 ounce of cans of veggie grove French style green beans.
- You need 1 can (15 ounce) of sweet peas.
- It’s 6-8 of potatoes.
- You need 1 lb of shredded cheese (I use Mexican style).
- Prepare 1/2 of chopped onion.
- It’s of Cilantro.
- You need of Milk(for mashed potatoes).
- Prepare of Butter(for mashed potatoes).
- You need of Heavy Whipping cream or half and half cream(for mashed potatoes).
- It’s 1 of and a half pound of ground hamburger meat.
Spoon out the shepherd's pie and serve. Cheesy Mashed Potatoes: Fill a large saucepan with cold water and a tablespoon of salt. Add potatoes to the water and bring to a boil. Oh the terminology of Shepherd's Pie vs.
Shepherds Pie P-lo Style step by step
- Peel and boil potatoes.
- While potatoes are boiling I add my meat over med high heat with onion and cilantro and seasons (salt pepper garlic) and cook about 15 minutes until all meat is browned and cooked thru then drain grease out of and set meat aside.
- Now potatoes should be about done once tender with fork drain water and add milk, butter, cream, salt pepper and garlic and mash (I have a mashed potato recipe on my page)…do as you would make mashed potatoes.
- Now grab a baking dish and add potatoes for the first layer.
- Then add drained meat on top for next layer.
- Now add cans of vegetables but drain liquid before you add each can then top with salt pepper and garlic.
- Final layer shredded cheese I top with salt and garlic and little more cilantro. And place in oven at 375.
- In about 20-30 minutes later all cheese will be melted and corners starting to brown remove dish and let sit few minutes to cool.
A true shepherd's pie is made with lamb while a cottage pie is made with beef. In the US, I notice that it is often called a shepherd's pie when it really is just a cottage pie. Since the type of meat used is the only real difference in this dish, I find most have a version using beef that they call shepherd's pie even if it technically. This is truly the traditional shepherds pie. As the allrecipes.com video on this states Shepherds raised sheep not cow hence the use of lamb and not beef and the name "Shepherds Pie.