Pounded yam with vegetable egusi soup. Egusi soup is popular in Western Africa. The soup is thickened with ground melon, gourd, or squash seeds. Look for the seeds in African or International grocery stores.
Egusi soup is unarguably the most popular Nigerian soup. In my few years as a food blogger and Nigerian food lover, I have Egusi soup is the most popular soup in Nigeria, this recipe shows you how to make the most delicious kind. the kind of. Melon soup also known as egusi soup is a popular soup recipe in the Western part of Africa. You can have Pounded yam with vegetable egusi soup using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pounded yam with vegetable egusi soup
- You need 3 of serving.
- Prepare 1 of tuber of yam.
- It’s of Vegetable of choice but i use spinach leave.
- It’s 1 of tomato tin cup of egusi.
- It’s of Beef n ponmo.
- Prepare of Grounded fresh pepper.
- You need of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Locust beans.
- It’s of Palm oil.
- Prepare of Water.
This soup is best served with pounded yam, fufu or eba. The basic ingredients include assorted meat, dried fish, onions, fresh tomatoes, seasonings & green vegetables. For the egusi soup recipe, follow. Nigerian Egusi Soup is a soup thickened with ground melon seeds and contains leafy and other vegetables.
Pounded yam with vegetable egusi soup instructions
- Peel and wash yam, set inside pot n add water to cook.
- When door, put into motar n pound then portion into desire sizes.
- Cut vegetable n wash under runing water and blanch.
- Wash meat n ponmo very well then boil with seasoning till done.
- Put pot on stove, add little quantity of palm oil.
- Pour in slice onion n locust beans then fry for some mins.
- Add egusi n fry.
- Put in papper, cook n pour in the stock meat n meat wt ponmo cover n cook for 5min.
- At this stage correct seasoning, add your vegetable n leave for some mins.
- Bring down n enjoy your meal.
Find out how to cook egusi soup with this It is one of the most popular soups prepared by most tribes in Nigeria with considerable variation and often eaten with dishes like Pounded Yams. Egusi soup is a popular West African soup. Egusi soup is an exotic hearty food that will satisfy your taste buds. It is a staple in most West African home and it is an uncomplicated one pot meal that is often accompanied with swallows like Eba, Amala, Semovita, Pounded yam, Fufu, and the likes. Pounded yam is one of the most loved fufu meals in Nigeria, it can be paired with any kind of soup especially vegetable and egusi soup.