Garlic Asparagus and Orzo. A buttery lemon parmesan garlic sauce coats orzo pasta and gives it such amazing flavor! It gets tossed with asparagus and makes one delicious meal! We made our weekly trip today to Costco.
Add the orzo and cook until al dente according to package directions. Two minutes before the orzo is done, add the asparagus. Stir in the cooked asparagus, and season with and pepper according to your taste. You can cook Garlic Asparagus and Orzo using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Garlic Asparagus and Orzo
- Prepare 1 cup of dry orzo pasta.
- Prepare 1 of -pound fresh asparagus (tips only…2-3 inches from the top).
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 of -cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of milk.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of fresh parsley.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to tastes.
- You need of Shredded Parmesan for garnish…optional.
Mix in the Vegan Parmesan, but reserve a tablespoon or two for topping. Bring to a simmer and reduce to low heat. Add the drained orzo pasta and asparagus to the sauteed garlic and butter. Sprinkle the lemon zest and lemon juice over the pasta, toss to coat.
Garlic Asparagus and Orzo step by step
- Prepare orzo according to package directions.
- Add asparagus tips to the orzo during the last two minutes of cooking.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- While the orzo cooks, prepare the garlic butter sauce.
- Add butter to the skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Do not burn the garlic..
- Add the orzo and asparagus to the skillet; stir in cheese, milk, parsley, salt and pepper..
- Cook for one minute more, or until heated through..
Remove from heat, then add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan cheese. Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Orzo with Asparagus is a quick and easy side dish that will win over a crowd. Reader Favorites from Sparkles to Sprinkles! This Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Orzo With Asparagus is so darn delicious I could not stop eating it.