Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?. Try Our Savory Chicken Pot Pie Recipe For The Perfect Comfort Food. Make mashed potatoes: In a large pot over high heat, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt. Add the turkey and cook, stirring, until heated.
Technically, what makes it a shepherd's pie is the use of lamb, and a one with ground beef is a cottage pie. Turkey is a more unconventional meat to use for shepherd's pie, but just as delicious! Turkey Shepherds Pie is a delicious way to serve all your Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter leftovers in one skillet. You can have Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie? using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?
- You need 1 1/2 cup of cooked chopped turkey(dark or white,or both)*I used dark*.
- You need 2 of Carrots, chopped.
- You need 2 of celery stalks,chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of mushrooms, quartered.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 cup of mashed potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of turkey stuffing.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of butter.
Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, peas, corn and carrots go in this cheesy one-dish dinner. It's a cross between a Shepherds Pie and a Chicken Pot Pie. Shepherd's pie (sometimes called Cottage Pie) is a meat pie or casserole that's topped with mashed potatoes. There are a lot of different variations of Shepherd's Pie made with beef, chicken or turkey.
Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie? instructions
- In a bowl, mix your mashed potatoes and stuffing, set aside..
- In a large pan, heat oil and sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add all your veggies, and cook for about 5-8 min..
- Add your chopped turkey, and season with thyme, salt and pepper..
- Add your chicken stock. Make an empty space in the center of the pan and add your cornstarch and milk. Mix until the cornstarch has dissolved, then mix everything together..
- Cook for another 3-5 min until the sauce thickens..
- Transfer everything to a baking dish. Top with your mashed potato/stuffing mixture..
- Add a few dollops/dabs of butter to the top and bake in oven for 35min @ 400°F..
- After 35 min, set under the broiler on high for 5min to crisp up and brown the top nicely..
- ENJOY 😊.
This is a great twist on a basic shepherd's pie that has a ton of flavor with butternut squash, ground turkey, and sweet potatoes. A lighter, but still hearty version of a great comfort food! Also very adaptable depending on what you have on hand. Shepherd's pie with leftover roasted turkey or baked chicken is a scrumptious meal the whole family loves! This easy casserole dinner is fresh veggies in a creamy white gravy topped with mashed potatoes and baked to perfection.