Bourbon and Coke Pot Roast. Heat shortening in skillet and brown meat on all sides. Combine all ingredients in cooker and add browned meat. Saute garlic in skillet with olive oil, place on top of roast.
Try scotch, whiskey or rye in place of bourbon. Pour bourbon and water directly over beef. Place the roast in the bottom of your crock pot. You can cook Bourbon and Coke Pot Roast using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bourbon and Coke Pot Roast
- You need of for roast.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 2 cup of mushrooms.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of carrots.
- It’s 1 packages of brown sugar & bourbon seasoning.
- Prepare 2 medium of sweet onions.
- You need 2 lb of boneless chuck roast.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 can of coca cola.
- You need of for the mashed potatoes.
- It’s 5 medium of potatoes.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt & pepper.
Combine all of the ingredients and pour over the roast. I love pot roast because a crock-pot makes it one of the easiest meals to prepare, and if you do it even close to correctly it is moist, tender, and delicious. The bourbon adds a sweetness to the veggies in this dish, and that combined with the beef broth and spices adds a ton of flavor to the meat. Instructions Coat the chuck roast pieces with salt and pepper and put in a large bowl.
Bourbon and Coke Pot Roast step by step
- Slice 2 medium sweet onions into rings and place at bottom of crockpot..
- Season your boneless chuck roast with salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and paprika. Sear each side for 4 minutes per side in a hot skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil. Place roast on top of onions in crockpot..
- Slice up your mushrooms and carrots and toss in half of the grill mates brown sugar and bourbon marinade packet and surround roast. Saute garlic in skillet with olive oil, place on top of roast..
- Mix coca cola and remaining packet of brown sugar bourbon marinade packet. Pour mixture around roast. Cook on high 4-5 hours..
- 20 minutes before roast is done, boil potatoes, drain, add milk, butter, salt & pepper and mash and whisk until creamy. Serve roast and veggies on top of mashed potatoes..
In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, bourbon, garlic, Thai spices, Greek spices, olive oil, tomato paste, peppers and water and whisk together blending it all together well. Put roast in a crock-pot,sprinkle with onion soup mix. Add coke to almost cover the roast. Add carrots to liquid around roast and all other vegetables to top of meat. Place meat in a roasting pan.