Pounded yam & stew🍛. In multiple world regions, other unrelated root crops are also Ingredients needed for making pounded Yam. Yam – The type of Yam we use is commonly referred. Pounded yam is one of the many yam recipes in Nigeria. it is very delicious and also very popular.
Join GEENA as she takes you through fun cooking and eating on the best Cook show in Nigeria (we no dey make mouth). www.foodiesandspice.blogspot.com. Pounded Yam is the most stretchy of all the Nigerian fufu recipes that is if it is well prepared. It has the softness of semolina fufu hence it is not as hard as cassava fufu. You can have Pounded yam & stew🍛 using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pounded yam & stew🍛
- Prepare 1/2 of yam.
- Prepare 5 of tomato(medium).
- It’s 3 of red peppers.
- It’s 2 of scotch pepper.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- You need 1 serving spoon of oil.
- You need 3 of maggi.
- You need 1/2 tea spoon of salt.
- You need of Picnch of curry & thyme.
- You need of Some smoked fish.
- You need of Ginger.
Pounded Yam can be prepared by. Electric Yam pounded for pounding yam. Find pounded yam stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day.
Pounded yam & stew🍛 step by step
- Peel the yam cut to pieces wash & put into a pot with water & a pinch of salt. Cook until soft then pound it using motor & pistil until super soft the add into a leather & tie..
- Wash & grind the tomato, scotch & red pepper with the onion cook in a pot until water is drained the add in the oil fry for 5 minutes the add water 2 cups, smoked fish & seasonings & ginger to enhance the aroma cook for 10 minutes & serve..
Item description states "all-natural" pounded Yam. Pounded Yam and Ogbono Soup – A tasty and hearty Nigerian soup made from Ogbono seeds (bush mango seeds) added with pre-cooked meat. Pounded yam is a dumpling one of the fufu meals from Africa. Traditionally eaten with the fingers and dipped in any of the sauces or soups from Africa. Yam is cooked until soft and transfered to a mortar.