Banga soup with pounded yamg. Hello beautiful friends Welcome back to eji'sfoodKorner, friends in today's recipe, I will be cooking palm nut soup which is made out from the extract of. Banga soup is widely eating in some part of West Africa, in Nigeria banga soup is mostly eating by the Niger Deltans and the Igbos,every region have their. HelloooIn today's video I share banga soup with pounded yam recipe.
Bring two cups of water to a rolling boil in a. Banga soup is native to the Deltans but also loved and enjoyed by edo people and other niger delta states. This is served with starch, eba or fufu. You can have Banga soup with pounded yamg using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banga soup with pounded yamg
- It’s of Banga.
- It’s 500 g of beef.
- Prepare 4 cubes of Maggie.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 of big dried fish.
- Prepare 250 g of diced kpomo.
- Prepare 1 of small onion bulb.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of grinded cameroon pepper.
- It’s of Banga spice.
- You need of Crayfish 2 table spoons.
- You need of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of iru.
- It’s 1/2 of table spoon crushed utazi leaves.
- You need 1 of tuber of yam.
Banga soup is one of the best nourishing soup you can make with palm nut. All it takes is an assortment of spice flavorings, an assortment Pour some hot water over the pounded nuts, squeeze and use a sieve to strain out the extract – do this a couple of times until you get all the extract from the. Nigerian Banga soup is a delicious Niger-Delta style palm nut soup, very similar to Ofe Akwu (Ibo style) but they use different spices. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Banga soup with pounded yamg step by step
- Wash meat, diced kpomo and dried fish, add seasoning, diced onions and allow to cook for 15minutes.
- Wash and cook palm fruit till soft. Drain with a colander and pound in a mortar.
- Turn the content in the mortar into a bowl and add some water. To extract the juice, use a colander.
- Boil the juice extracted in a pot, add the meat, kpomo and dried fish you boiled earlier, add seasoning, banga spice, blended crayfish, Cameroon pepper and cayenne pepper. Cover the pot and allow to boil to your desired consistency.
- Your banga soup is ready!.
- Peel, slice and wash yam.
- Add enough water to cook the yam till soft and pound in a mortar.
- Serve hot!.
Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here. Traditionally, Banga soup is eaten with Starch. Everybody knows that the typical Nigerian will always pick FRESHLY pounded yams over poundo flour, so my fellow BellaNaijarians you no longer need a mortar and pestle! Nigerian Banga Soup or Ofe Akwu is native to the Niger Delta and the South Eastern parts of Nigeria. In the Niger Delta areas, Banga soup is commonly eaten with various fufu recipes: Starch, Pounded Yam, Semolina, Garri and Cassava Fufu.