Asian Beef and Asparagus. Asian Asparagus Beef Stir-Fry Colorful asparagus spears pair perfectly with tender beef in this quick fix from Dana Spencer. The Forest Ranch, California cook adds a sprinkling of sesame seeds for Asian flare. Asian Asparagus Beef Stir-Fry Recipe photo by Taste of Home Asparagus Beef Asparagus Beef – Asparagus beef is a Chinese recipe made with asparagus and beef in yummy brown sauce.
Stir to make a sauce, then serve. Drizzle the remaining teaspoon of oil into the pan, add the asparagus, ginger, and garlic, and season with salt. Add the reserved beef, mushrooms, and any juices and stir to combine. You can have Asian Beef and Asparagus using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asian Beef and Asparagus
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 bunch of asparagus.
- You need 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce.
- It’s 1-1 1/2 pounds of stir fry beef (could use chicken or pork).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need 3 1/2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of honey.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Rice of choice we like jasmine or basamati.
Wash your asparagus, and cut about an inch off the bottom ends, depending on thow tender they are. You can also use a vegetable peeler to peel the bottom of each stalk. Season with salt and pepper." – "Fluff your rice with a fork. In a large skillet heat oil, add boneless sirloin and garlic and stir fry until lightly browned.
Asian Beef and Asparagus instructions
- Cook rice per package directions and set aside..
- Trim ends off asparagus, then cut into 1 inch pieces. Mince the garlic cloves..
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and a pinch of salt to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Fill a medium bowl with ice water..
- Add asparagus to the boiling water and boil for 2-3 minutes, just until tender. Drain and put into the ice water immediately..
- Cut your beef into bite sized pieces. Whisk together soy sauce, hoisin and honey..
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season beef with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes depending on the size of beef (it should not be fully cooked but just about there), remove and set aside..
- In same skillet heat another drizzle of oil over medium high heat, add garlic and ground ginger cooking for 30 seconds. Add the sauce, asparagus and beef back to the skillet tossing until beef is fully cooked, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper..
- Fluff your rice with a fork. Serve beef and asparagus over the rice..
Add second Tbls. of oil add asparagus; stir fry until done to your taste. Add beef and soy mixture to skillet. Toss beef with salt and pepper. In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute asparagus and mushrooms until asparagus is crisp-tender. Season beef with salt and pepper.