Quorn cottage pie. You can sprinkle with some reserved cheese if you like. Remove the bay leaf and the thyme sprigs. Pour the Quorn mince and vegetable mixture into a casserole dish.
Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and the carrot and fry gently until softened. Add the Quorn Mince, frozen veg, vegetable. Made with Quorn mince, this cottage pie is suitable for vegetarians and those watching their weight too. You can have Quorn cottage pie using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quorn cottage pie
- It’s 300 grams of Quorn mince.
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 medium of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of Spray light or other oil.
- You need 1/2 of tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of vegetable stock cubes.
- It’s 3 large of potatoes.
- You need 1 of butter/ margerine.
- Prepare 1 of grated cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Onion gravy granules.
- You need 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of pepper.
Packed with plenty of veggies including onion, celery and carrots, this pie is a tasty alternative to a classic cottage pie when you're trying to be good come dinnertime… Quorn Shepherd's Pie A delicious, easy, family friendly classic with a twist, this Quorn Shepherd's Pie uses Quorn mince instead of the traditional lamb, meaning this version is both vegetarian and much quicker to prepare – perfect for busy weeknights! Add the Quorn Meatless Grounds, frozen peas, vegetable broth, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce and seasoning. Place in an oven safe dish. Top with the mashed potato and fluff up with a fork.
Quorn cottage pie step by step
- Boil potatoes in lightly salted water until cooked and then mash well with milk and butter and a sprinkle of pepper..
- Chop onions, garlic and carrots into small pieces and then fry for approximately 5 minutes until cooked..
- Add the Quorn mince to the onion, garlic and carrot and fry another 5 minutes..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stock cubes and stir well until stock cubes are dissolved..
- Now add the gravy granules and water until the consistency of the filling is how you desire. I only normally add a small amount..
- Spread the filling into your oven dish and cover evenly with your mash. Then sprinkle with grated cheese and put in the oven on gas mark 6 for approximately 30 minutes..
Discover a delicious, nutritious protein source with Quorn. Find your family favorites and discover more adventurous Quorn creations. Quorn products contain mycoprotein, which is a nutritious protein source. Quorn is a sustainably sourced meat-free super protein that is naturally high in protein and fiber. Quorn There's nothing more comforting than coming home to a big helping of home-cooked vegetarian cottage pie.