Flavorful Pot Roast. Flavorful Pot Roast On hectic days, this is so quick and easy to prep! Convenient packages of dressing and gravy combine to create a sauce worthy of a fall-apart roast. For a filling meal-in-one, serve with mashed potatoes and ladle the juices over top.
Make a balanced meal with a nice fresh garden salad and some homemade rolls. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil. Add all remaining ingredients except noodles. You can have Flavorful Pot Roast using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Flavorful Pot Roast
- Prepare 1 of chuck roast about 3 pounds.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks.
- Prepare 2 lb of potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks.
- Prepare 1 of onion, peeled and cut into large chunks.
- It’s 2 of stalks celery, cut into large chunks, optional.
- You need 1 cup of beef broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 tbsp of steak seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried rosemary.
This Classic Pot Roast is the Ultimate Sunday Supper! This pot roast recipe is slowly braised in the most incredible liquids and flavorful spices until so tender it literally falls apart! Served with mushrooms, carrots and potatoes, this hearty meal is pure comfort food! Sear in oil over medium-high heat until browned on all edges.
Flavorful Pot Roast instructions
- Combined together seasoning mix in a small bowl. Set aside..
- Coat both sides of the meat with olive oil. Sprinkle on a third of the seasoning mix onto each side.
- Sear both sides of the meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer roast to slow cooker.
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl. Drizzle on a little olive oil to coat vegetables. Sprinkle on the remaining seasoning mix. Add the vegetables to the same skillet that was used to sear the meat. Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Transfer the vegetables to the top of the roast in the slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth. Cover with lid..
- Cook on low for 9 hours or on high for 6 hours..
- Using a turkey baster, retrieve most of the cooking juices from the slow cooker. Transfer juices to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat on the stove top. Whisk together the cornstarch with a little water. Blend into the pan juices while whisking. Bring that to a simmer until thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed..
- Transfer the roast and vegetables to a large platter. Ladle the gravy over. Serve immediately..
Add remaining ingredients except the carrots, potatoes and horseradish. If not enough liquid to cover roast, add water (or more wine). Perfect for pot roast recipes, inexpensive chuck is one of the most flavorful cuts of beef. Simmering it slowly and gently in the oven results in a wonderfully tender pot roast. Vegetables like onions and potatoes give the pot roast recipe even more comforting flavors.