Healthy Shepherds Pie. Shepherd's Pie Recipe This meat pie topped with mashed potato is traditionally made with lamb, when made with ground beef it's actually called a cottage pie. Of course, you can make this with ground turkey like this Turkey Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pieor try my vegetarian Portobello Shepherd's Pie. The creamy chicken filling is spiked with sherry and the potatoes are mashed with olive oil in this healthy shepherd's pie recipe.
Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to. Healthy Shepherd's Pie is a low calorie recipe that's lower in carbs, high in protein and fiber. Made with a delicious roasted garlic cauliflower top and a lighter filling a for a filling and comforting winter meal. You can cook Healthy Shepherds Pie using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 1 each of cauliflower cut into florets.
- You need 2 cup of frozen peas and carrots.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 4 tbsp of chives chopped.
- You need 1/2 of red onion sliced.
- You need 1 of can't believe it's not butter spray.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 of salt for cauliflower.
Low Calorie + Gluten Free Shepherd's Pie also known as cottage pie is traditionally made with ground beef and mashed potatoes. Add carrots first and saute until starting to brown and caramelize. Add onions and continue to cook. Add broth or water if needed.
Healthy Shepherds Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Over medium high add oil, add ground turkey, onions cook until browned..
- Add veggies and garlic, stir 5minutes..
- Add cornstarch to beef stock, stir well. Add stock to meat mixture, stir until thickened. Set aside..
- Bring medium pot of salted water to boil, add cauliflower, cook until tender..
- With a potato masher, mashed cauliflower until smooth..
- 8×8 dish spray with cooking spray, add meat mixture..
- Spread cauliflower over meat mixture, spray with can't believe it's not butter..
- Cook for 30 minutes until browned on top. Let cool for 20 minutes. Enjoy.
This shepherd's pie is dairy, grain, legume, and sugar free, but most importantly it just might be the tastiest thing you've made for dinner in a long time. This shepherd's pie with cauliflower mash is a low-carb, healthier version of a great cold-weather dish. Enjoy this satisfying meal with a little less guilt. A great way to use leftovers, shepherd's pie is a combination of minced meat (usually lamb or mutton) with gravy and veggies, finished with a mashed potato topping. This shepherd's pie with cauliflower mash is a low-carb, healthier version of a great cold-weather dish.