Quick Shepherd's Pie. Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl. Combine sour cream, egg yolk and cream. Add the cream mixture into potatoes and mash until.
Both are delicious, and lamb can. This is the best shepherd's pie recipe I've ever tasted. It's very quick to make, and I usually have most—if not all—of the ingredients already on hand. —Tirzah Sandt, San Diego, California American Shepards Pie is really a Cottage Pie. You can cook Quick Shepherd's Pie using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Shepherd's Pie
- It’s 3 of Potatoes (big).
- You need 500 grams of Chicken Breasts.
- Prepare 100 grams of Peas.
- Prepare 2 of Tomatoes (medium).
- It’s 3 of sliced cheese.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 6 of Garlic Cloves (diced).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 6 of Pepper Cloves (diced).
- You need 50 of Butter.
It is made with a ground beef mixture. True Shepard's pie is made with mutton or ground lamb and you can easily use it in my recipe. Why This Recipe Works Incredibly easy to make, yet so delicious! Cream of mushroom soup adds flavor and creaminess to the filling, and instant mashed potatoes makes it quick and easy!
Quick Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Boil potatoes (put a pinch of salt in the water while boiling).
- Boil and shred the chicken (add a little salt).
- Boil peas.
- Chop tomatoes.
- Add olive oil to a skillet.
- Add tomatoes, salt (enough to make the tomatoes soft), peas..
- Let the peas cook till medium soft, mash them a little and keep aside..
- Marinate the boiled chicken in red chilli powder, salt, pepper powder, garlic paste. Put it in the fridge for as long as you want (I left it for 4 hours).
- Mash the potatoes with some butter.
- Grease the insides of a microwave safe bowl with butter.
- Place the peas mixture at the bottom, layer it with the chicken marinade, top it off with the mashed potatoes. Then place the cheese slices..
- Place the bowl in the microwave and use the baked potato setting to cook. If you don't have that setting don't worry, just cook it on convection for 5-7 minutes or u til the cheese starts to brown..
Although it is called a pie it doesn't use any pastry and is so cheap, quick and easy to make, you'll enjoy making it! Expert Tips Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. A shepherd's pie with just a wee touch of an Irish twist. This one's made the traditional way with ground lamb but features shredded Irish Cheddar cheese (like Dubliner by Kerrygold) mixed into the creamy mashed potato topping.