Orzo Asparagus Salad. Place the chicken broth and water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add the salt and turmeric and bring back to a boil. LEMON ORZO ASPARAGUS SALAD — Orzo pasta is cooked with turmeric for wonderful color and flavor, then tossed with fresh asparagus and a lemon vinaigrette in this delicious spring time side dish.
Add blanched asparagus and tomato halves. Mix olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Chopped some sundried tomatoes from the jar, add some basil and crumbled feta or goat's cheese for a seriously quick and easy dish. You can cook Orzo Asparagus Salad using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orzo Asparagus Salad
- Prepare 16 oz. of orzo pasta.
- It’s 25 of asparagus stems, diced.
- You need 2 of medium shallots, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil.
- It’s 33 oz. of artichoke hearts marinated in oil, drained & rinsed.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of julienne cut sundried tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt for boiling water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of lemon zest.
- It’s 1/4 cup of rice vinegar, unseasoned.
- You need 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of crushed pepper (optional).
This is an easy Orzo Salad with asparagus and sundried tomatoes – giving the pasta salad a fresh flavour. You can serve this a cold orzo salad or warm, both tastes delicious to us. Bring water to a boil in a Dutch oven over high heat. Chop the asparagus stalks into thirds.
Orzo Asparagus Salad instructions
- Julienne cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces and boil in salted water in stockpot until tender, but still bright green. Drain, rinse in cold water and place in large bowl..
- Pull asparagus out with slotted spoon and cook orzo in the asparagus water until al dente, approximately 8 minutes. Drain and add to asparagus..
- Add sundried tomatoes to asparagus bowl..
- In small sauté pan, cook chopped shallots and minced garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until tender. Add to asparagus bowl..
- Add artichoke hearts that were drained, rinsed and quartered to asparagus bowl..
- In separate bowl, combine lemon juice, rice vinegar, salt, and crushed pepper. Whisk and pour over asparagus bowl..
- Add lemon zest to asparagus and gently fold all ingredients with a large spoon..
- Place bowl in refrigerator for at least 2 hours..
Add the orzo and asparagus to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, crumbled feta, thyme and lemon juice. How to Make Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad. This recipe comes together quick once the veggies are chopped and the toasted orzo and asparagus are cooled. The orzo and asparagus are cooked in one pan for easy clean up!