Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Rub the peppers with a little olive oil. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
In the same skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Lightly spray olive oil spray in a medium nonstick skillet and heat on a medium heat. You can have Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey
- It’s 6 of medium bell peppers (any color).
- It’s 2 cups of finely chopped onion (divided).
- It’s 5 of medium finely chopped garlic (divided).
- It’s 1/3 cup of finely chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbs of chopped dill (I use dried).
- You need 28 oz of canned crushed tomatoes (divided).
- You need 3/4 cup of uncooked brown rice (minute rice).
- It’s 1.2 lbs of ground turkey (Aldi).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbs of olive oil.
If you're craving stuffed peppers, this Colorful Turkey Stuffed Peppers recipe is for you. Extra lean ground turkey and cheese make this dish irresistible. You can also make it using our lean mild turkey breakfast sausage roll for another delicious option. Heat oil in the skillet, and cook onion, mushrooms, zucchini, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and spinach until tender.
Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey step by step
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Coat 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray..
- Filling in a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of onion, 2 cloves garlic, 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/2 cup tomato, 1/3 cup parsley, 1 1/2 tsp dill, rice, and turkey..
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add in remaining onion and cook for 3 minutes or until translucent. Add remaining garlic. Cook for another 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients, tomatoes, salt, pepper. Bring to boil. reduce heat low for 5 minutes at medium-low..
- Place 1/2 cup of cooked tomato sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Loosely stuff peppers. Add tops back on top of the peppers, Add remaining tomato sauce over peppers in baking dish..
- Cover dish tightly with foil, bake until peppers are tender and rice is fully cooked. This should take about 90 minutes..
- Add parmesan cheese and or hot pepper flakes for more flavor..
Mix in the tomatoes and tomato paste, and season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stuff the green peppers with the skillet mixture. Stuff uncooked peppers with raw turkey mixture. After a few minutes you'll add some onion, garlic, and any remaining pieces of bell pepper. Let those turn golden brown and completely fragrant.