Quick Ground Turkey 🦃 Shepard’s Pie 🥧. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Quick Ground Turkey 🦃 Shepard's Pie 🥧. In a large pot that has been heated with olive oil sauté your ground turkey until almost no pink remains.drain any excess liquid from pot.
Stir in ground turkey, carrot, mushrooms, parsley, thyme, garlic, and chicken bouillon. Cook and stir until meat is broken up and cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste. You can cook Quick Ground Turkey 🦃 Shepard’s Pie 🥧 using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick Ground Turkey 🦃 Shepard’s Pie 🥧
- It’s 2 pounds of ground turkey.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground sage.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of thyme leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 ounce) of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen OR fresh cut green beans(you can also use frozen peas and carrots, I didn’t have them on hand).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- You need of Mashed potatoes, prepared, about 4 servings.
- It’s of Olive oil cooking spray.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Make mashed potatoes: In a large pot over high heat, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt. I use a frozen mixed vegetable blend that includes corn. Heat the vegetable oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Stir in cream of chicken soup, mixed veggies, and garlic powder.
Quick Ground Turkey 🦃 Shepard’s Pie 🥧 step by step
- In a large pot that has been heated with olive oil sauté your ground turkey until almost no pink remains……drain any excess liquid from pot……
- Add your chopped onion and minced garlic, sauté for several more minutes……..
- Now add your black pepper, ground sage and thyme leaves, cook for several more minutes……
- Add your white wine, heat on high heat until wine has been reduced by half……then lower heat to medium / low……
- Add into pot your can of chicken broth and cut green beans, bring to a boil for several minutes…….
- Reduce heat and add in your all purpose flour to pot, stirring until mixture is slightly thickened……remove from heat and set aside…….
- Place your ground turkey mixture into a large baking pan that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray…….
- Now place your prepared mashed potatoes all over ground turkey, spreading to make sure you completely cover the turkey mixture…….
- Now place your shredded cheddar cheese all over mashed potatoes……
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until cheese has fully melted…….
- Let stand for about 10 minutes……
- Serve and enjoy 😉!!.
Prepare instant mashed potatoes according to box directions, then spread on top of casserole. Heat potatoes according to package directions. I've even made Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie before! Love that you're sneaking a veggie into this and tricking the kiddos. You can't go wrong any way you make it – it always comes out yummy!