Baked Turkey 🦃 Enchilada Pie 🥧. Stovetop & Oven; White Turkey Enchilada Pie. Instead of wrapping tortillas around a filling and baking the rolls in a sauce in the oven, this enchilada pie just layers the tortillas with the filling, making it easy to cut into wedges to serve. Brown meat in oil, stir in tomatoes and taco seasoning mix.
Gently add filling and spread evenly. Top each with a remaining pie crust, and fold and pinch around the edges to seal. Cut a few slits into the top crusts to release steam when baking. You can have Baked Turkey 🦃 Enchilada Pie 🥧 using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Turkey 🦃 Enchilada Pie 🥧
- You need 3 packs of ground turkey (16 ounce).
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need 2 of onions, chopped.
- It’s 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- You need 10 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oregano leaves.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Sazon (with achiote).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Chili powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Ground cumin.
- You need 1 can (14.5 ounce) of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (16 ounce) of refried beans.
- Prepare 1 can (8 ounce) of tomato sauce.
- You need of Canola oil cooking spray.
- You need of Flour tortillas.
- It’s 1 (8 ounce) of package pepper Jack cheese, cubed.
- It’s 1 pack (8 ounce) of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Salsa.
Add a second layer of tortillas, the remaining turkey, remaining leftovers and another third of the cheese. Top with a final layer of coated tortillas. Pour any remaining enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with cumin; add tomatoes, enchilada sauce and chopped green chiles.
Baked Turkey 🦃 Enchilada Pie 🥧 step by step
- Heat some olive oil in a large pot……
- Sauté your ground turkey in the olive oil until browned, drain any extra fat from ground turkey……
- Add in your chopped onions and green pepper, sauté for several minutes, then add your minced garlic, continue to sauté for several more minutes……
- Add in your black pepper, oregano, Sazon, chili powder and ground cumin, heat for several minutes……..
- Now add in your diced tomatoes, refried beans and tomato sauce, heat well……Remove pot from heat……….
- Lightly spray a large baking pan with canola oil cooking spray…….
- Layer your flour tortillas on the bottom of a large baking pan……….
- Layer your cooked ground turkey mixture all over tortillas……
- Place your cubed pepper Jack cheese all over ground turkey mixture……
- Cover with more flour tortillas…….
- Add your shredded sharp cheddar cheese all over tortillas…….
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30- 35 minutes, uncovered, or until all cheese has melted…….
- Top each serving with sour cream, salsa, then slice, serve and enjoy 😉!!.
Stir in cumin, tomatoes, enchilada sauce and chiles. Instead of tender chicken, beef or turkey baked inside, these historical pot pies were often filled with live birds! Now, the pot pie has become commonplace and has found a longstanding spot in weekly dinner rotations. In a frying pan, add a little vegetable oil, and heated corn tortillas until warm (but still soft). Add enchilada sauce and chicken and bring to a simmer.