Fried Tofu with Asparagus and Mushroom Sauce. Fry the tofu in medium heat until golden. Tofu, Asparagus and Mushroom Stir-Fry made of tofu, asparagus, and shiitake mushrooms in a savory stir-fry sauce. Healthy and delicious, it's a meatless dish you'll love on its own or with steamed rice!
Remove from pan and add to tofu. For a more upscale presentation, arrange asparagus, tofu, and mushrooms in a semi-circle. Drizzle sesame oil over top and complete the circle. You can cook Fried Tofu with Asparagus and Mushroom Sauce using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Tofu with Asparagus and Mushroom Sauce
- Prepare 400 gram of tofu, wrapped into a cloth or tissue paper to remove the water, cut into four pieces.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- Prepare 4 of asparagus, cut into 1 inch strips.
- You need 8 of champignon mushrooms, sliced thinly.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, sliced thinly.
- You need 1 tsp of oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of cornstarch mixed with 100 ml of water, 1/2 tsp powdered broth, 1 tbsp oyster sauce (I used vegan type, made of mushrooms).
- Prepare 1 dash of black pepper.
Play with this and have fun! Scatter with chive blossoms for added color and flavor. Give this vegan, Asparagus, Mushroom and Tofu Stir-Fry a try- I know you will looooooove it! Print Heat a well-seasoned wok until smoking over medium-high to high heat (or use a large pan if you do not have a wok).
Fried Tofu with Asparagus and Mushroom Sauce step by step
- Fry the tofu in medium heat until golden. Remove and set aside..
- Stir-fry garlic with 1 tsp of oil. After about 30 seconds, add cut asparagus, then mushrooms. Stir for a while..
- After a couple of minutes or so, add the cornstarch mixture. If the mixture is too thick, add more water. Add crushed black pepper. Stir now and then. If the mixture is a bit bubbly, then it is done..
- Pour the sauce over the fried tofu and serve..
Stir-fry over medium-high to high heat just until asparagus is tender but still slightly crunchy. Stir the cornstarch mixture, add it to the pan, and simmer until the sauce has thickened. Add the asparagus and simmer until hot, about. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the tofu and asparagus with the dipping sauce on the side.