Turkey and cheese enchiladas. Add in half of the cooled cream and pepper mixture, and stir lightly to mix. Two-Cheese Turkey Enchiladas Sour cream and cream cheese create a creamy filling for these yummy turkey enchiladas. The entree is always a huge hit with my family.
Add a small scoop of the turkey mixture in the center of a tortilla, then roll up and place seam side down in the dish of enchilada sauce. You can also use roasted turkey breast from the delicatessen, the meat from a rotisserie chicken, or roast. Turkey Enchiladas are a cheesy baked Mexican inspired rolled tortilla dish made with leftover turkey, salsa roja and a three cheese blend. You can cook Turkey and cheese enchiladas using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey and cheese enchiladas
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 8 oz of ground turkey.
- It’s 1 pkg of taco seasoning.
- You need 12 of mission yellow extra thin corn tortilla.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded velveeta cheese.
They are the perfect way to use up leftover turkey! There are so many great things about having leftovers. For one, just plain reheating them makes for an easy meal on busy days. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
Turkey and cheese enchiladas step by step
- Cook ground turkey and add taco seasoning and set aside..
- In a pot heat oil and flour together making a roux, slowly add in your onion, garlic, chili, cumin and salt into the roux. Once the roux is combined add the water and continue mixing until it becomes thicker. Set aside..
- Dip the tortillas in the sauce and add turkey and cheese and roll the tortilla placing it in an oven safe dish. Continue rolling all the tortillas. Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for about 20 min..
Bathed in enchilada sauce and lots of cheese, cheesy turkey enchiladas make the perfect turkey leftovers dish, without any trace of "leftover-ness". I used canned enchilada sauce with a medium spice, and a combination of jack and cheddar cheeses, but you can certainly use a milder or hotter sauce depending on your family's preference. Add the cooked turkey, rotel, and cream cheese to the pan with the onions. Turkey enchiladas are made with leftover turkey, cheese, sour cream, and tortillas. Serve these flavorful turkey enchiladas with rice and refried beans.